Patronale Life is a life insurance company that can look back on almost a century of experience in mortgages, savings management, renewable energies and real estate.
Patronale Life has subsidiaries such as:
- Patronale Solar which is expert in developing, realising, managing and financing projects and innovations in (renewable) energy
- Patronale Real Estate which focuses on logistics real estate.
- Banimmo, listed property developer for 20 years and has a rental portfolio of approx. 38,459 sqm of office buildings and approx. 281,000 sqm of land bank to be developed
- Hypoconnect is the largest commercial platform for mortgage loans, making it the reference in Belgium for more than 700 brokers, with the largest offer in the market and this both in terms of loans and insurance.
Patronale Life is a financial player with a human face that has the ambition to keep growing and is looking for enthusiastic employees to contribute to this and is currently looking for a Risk Officer
As a Risk Officer you’ll make a vital contribution to driving a generative culture of risk awareness and recommend solutions to risk issues within the company, strengthen the level of ownership within the business and share best practices and ensure the normal operations of the company by monitoring, identifying, assessing, mitigating, calling out and reporting areas of weakness or potential risk
What does this mean specifically?
Under the guidance of the Chief Risk Officer and in collaboration with the Actuary, you will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Management and reporting of risks and internal controls, and specifically in relation to any allocated responsibilities to the CRO and the DC
- End-to-end responsibility of operational risk, GDPR risk and ESG risk
- Performing on-going monitoring and assessment of risks captured in the operational Risk Register to enable the identification of top risks, potential new risks or emerging risks
- Create and maintain appropriate Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s) and trigger limits to track the trends in risk exposures.
- Register own allocated risks in the Risk Register and facilitate regular risk and control assessments. This may include strategic, insurance, operational (including data, IT and cyber security), and financial risks
- To lead and conduct risk assessments, reviews or investigations of topics that may arise from time to time, hot risk topics or areas of concerns, emerging risks or regulatory topics with the purpose of reducing internal and external risks
- Staying aware of various regulatory changes and consult with compliance or relevant departments to evaluate the level of regulatory risk
- Ensuring identified risks and issues are captured to the Operational Risk Database/Register quality standards and collaborating pro-actively with stakeholders across the company to drive forward the development and delivery of remedial action plans where identified risks are considered out of appetite
Who are we looking for?
- You have a masters degree or equivalent
- Experience in development of Risk metrics
- You have a very good level of English and can express yourself fluently in Dutch or in French (both written and oral).
- You have a sense of initiative and can meet deadlines
- You can work autonomously and conscientiously.
- You are organisationally strong, discrete and have a sense of responsibility.
- You have good communication skills with colleagues.
What do we offer?
- A young, dynamic and pleasant working environment in central Brussels with the possibility to work partly from home.
- A full-time employment contract with fringe benefits such as: Company car + fuel card, meal vouchers, group and hospitalisation insurance, mobile phone & laptop, ADV-days